Today I’m going to share with you one of my booty workouts which is my fav area to train! You can do this workout anywhere you like as you don’t need any equipment. Since it was such a lovely day I decided to go to my local park and have a quick session outside as I didn’t feel like going to a stuffy gym, plus I have a cold so didn’t want to contaminate anyone but I needed to do some sort of exercise. I decided to biked there and back which acted as my warm up and cool down and then got straight into my workout. Also I discovered that biking on thick grass is quite challenging.
With every exercise I do in this routine I do 3 sets of 10 reps with a 30 second rest in-between. The amount of reps and sets are completely up to you, this is just what works for me. If I’m feeling up to the challenge I will sometimes complete these exercises with no rest in-between to create a sort of circuit routine. Click HERE for the video of my workout (I had to upload it to Youtube as I can’t upload videos on here… apologies)
- Sumo squats. Sumo squats are slightly different to normal squats as your legs should be just past your shoulders and your feet pointing outwards slightly, just like a sumo wrestlers position.
- Jumping lunges. I find these rather difficult to do as you can really feel the burn but I feel so good after completing these. Sort of a love hate relationship.
- Jumping squats. By the end of this exercise you’ll really feel it in your legs. Remember to squeeze those gluteus and jump as high as you can.
- Curtsy lunges. These are similar to normal lunges but you place your foot back in a sort of diagonal position instead of straight, like you would if you were to curtsy.
- Hip ups/bridges. Simply lie on the floor with your legs should width apart and lift your bum up squeezing those gluteus each time you lift.
- Donkey Kicks. Get down on your hands and knees and lift your leg up to the sky until you reach a right angle position, then push your foot up whilst squeezing those gluteus.
- Fire Hydrants. Get down on your hands and knees and lift your leg up to the side until you reach a right angle position then bring your leg back down again. Repeat this whilst always squeezing your gluteus.