Today I’m going to share with you one of my booty workouts which is my fav area to train! You can do this workout anywhere you like as you don’t need any equipment. Since it was such a lovely day I decided to go to my local park and have a quick session outside as I didn’t feel like going to a stuffy gym, plus I have a cold so didn’t want to contaminate anyone but I needed to do some sort of exercise. I decided to biked there and back which acted as my warm up and cool down and then got straight into my workout. Also I discovered that biking on thick grass is quite challenging.
With every exercise I do in this routine I do 3 sets of 10 reps with a 30 second rest in-between. The amount of reps and sets are completely up to you, this is just what works for me. If I’m feeling up to the challenge I will sometimes complete these exercises with no rest in-between to create a sort of circuit routine. Click HERE for the video of my workout (I had to upload it to Youtube as I can’t upload videos on here… apologies)
- Sumo squats. Sumo squats are slightly different to normal squats as your legs should be just past your shoulders and your feet pointing outwards slightly, just like a sumo wrestlers position.
- Jumping lunges. I find these rather difficult to do as you can really feel the burn but I feel so good after completing these. Sort of a love hate relationship.
- Jumping squats. By the end of this exercise you’ll really feel it in your legs. Remember to squeeze those gluteus and jump as high as you can.
- Curtsy lunges. These are similar to normal lunges but you place your foot back in a sort of diagonal position instead of straight, like you would if you were to curtsy.
- Hip ups/bridges. Simply lie on the floor with your legs should width apart and lift your bum up squeezing those gluteus each time you lift.
- Donkey Kicks. Get down on your hands and knees and lift your leg up to the sky until you reach a right angle position, then push your foot up whilst squeezing those gluteus.
- Fire Hydrants. Get down on your hands and knees and lift your leg up to the side until you reach a right angle position then bring your leg back down again. Repeat this whilst always squeezing your gluteus.
So its nearing the end of January now, a time when the new years resolutions start to dwindle and motivation starts to slide a little, especially since its bloomin freezing outside. But I’m not going to let these dark nights and freezing cold days where you can actually see your own breath defeat me because I’m determined to stay motivated and most importantly stay active not just for the summer beach days but also for my health as well. So today I just wanted to share with you one of my quick mini workouts at the gym. I’m no fitness expert by any means but from researching online and watching my youtube fitness videos I’ve been able to find some workouts that suit me. This workout is especially good if you want to workout and feel the burn but you ain’t got much time on your hands as it takes roughly half an hour. There is no cardio in this workout because I literally can’t think of anything worse than running on the treadmill at the gym. I find it soooo boring so instead I aim to tone at the gym and leave the running for outside, plus its good to get some fresh air. In each of these workout moves I do 3 sets of 10 reps with a 30 second rest in between to let those muscles breath girrrrl. Anyway let’s get on with the workout…
Also I must point out that these videos were taken with Boomerang which speeds the videos up so it may look like I’m finding it rather easy but trust me I was shaking by the third set or reps.
Standing shoulder press using 6kg dumbbells 3 x 10 reps
Standing bicep curls using 6kg dumbbells 3 x 10 reps
Standing side lateral raises using 5kg dumbbells 3 x 10 reps
Standing front lateral raises using 5kg dumbbells 3 x 10 reps
Standing tricep extensions using 8kg dumbbells 3 x 10 reps
Squats with 17.5kg bar 3 x 10 reps
Leg press with weight 52kg 3 x 10 reps
Then at the end of each set of reps I’ll do 10 mini quick mini pulses which really makes you feel the burnnnn 🔥
Then to get those legs working even more I’ll do a 2 minute wall sit
And finally do end the workout I’ll do a 2 minute plank overall but every 30 seconds I’ll change sides so first 30 seconds is on my front then my left side etc…
Oh and here’s a little before and after shot of my run today. I so didn’t want to go but I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself that I’m going no matter what (I actually did that, Maybe a little sad but it worked!)
So that’s just a little inside into one of my workout routines. As I said earlier I am no fitness expert but I’ve just found a routine that works for me. The most important thing is to do what works for you and remember Be True Be You.